Monday, August 30, 2010

My Place - Breakfast Area Lighting

Sometimes making design decisions for my own home is easy. I have a pretty innate sense of what I love and what looks good (at least to me!). There are those times though that I struggle with all of the options in front of me - just like my clients do. My recent struggle was selecting the lighting fixture over my breakfast area table. 

We've been in our home almost 10 years, the time when feels to me that things need a pretty serious freshening up.  We've removed a lot of wallpaper, repainted and added hand scraped hardwood floors. My next project was updating some light fixtures - including my breakfast area.

I'm a little obsessed with drum shades and especially love the ones with a rustic vibe. My home is a little on the eclectic side and I like to mix things up a bit. In this case, I visualized a more contemporary form (the drum shade) in a more rustic finish (rattan). 

After viewing 100's of options, I settled on the drum pendant below, a Carolyn Kinder design from Uttermost.  The fixture is knotted rattan with a hand rubbed ivory finish and brown dry brushing. It is also very reasonable priced - which I love!



How did I do? I'm loving it - especially when it's lit! Notice that I strategically pointed my camera away from my bare breakfast area windows....I'll torture my readers with that project soon enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...