Friday, September 17, 2010

a little weekend kitchen update









Here is a weekend update on Megan's kitchen I am re-doing for under $1000


the plywood floor is done and coated with three coats of high traffic Varathane

the concrete counter is still curing

the light fixtures are expected to arrive any day from Barn Light Electric

the farm table is in the work shop and is waiting for legs

the shelving is done

microwave cart done as well

the curtains are being sewn from pure white linen fabric found at a thrift shop for $8

I found incredible industrial shelf brackets for $10 at a restaurant liquidation sale

I have been picking up a few things at yard sales and thrift stores to place on the open shelves









the look I am going for will include

galvanized metal, white china, clear glass and natural bleached pine














hotel silver for $1.00











so far I have spent just under $20 on kitchen accessories.  I really don't need to get much more.  Megan has great stuff in her kitchen storage closet and through out her home that I will be using as well.










 these photos below are my inspiration for the kitchen floors.  I am sorry that I do not know the source - if anyone does I will be happy to give credit




  




 I got the look using the plywood planks




 





 you will have to wait a little bit longer for the reveal

have a great weekend - Lori





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...